Atmel START Web Based Design Tool
Intuitive graphical configuration for Atmel SAM embedded projects
Introduction Atmel START is an innovative, graphical, web based tool that allows for intuitive configuration of Atmel SAM embedded software projects.
Atmel START takes the productivity advantages of the Atmel Integrated Development Platform (IDP) concept to the next level by enabling:
- Selection of a microcontroller part.
- Selection and configuration of pin functions.
- Configuration of system and peripheral clocks.
- Selection and management of software components including drivers and middleware.
- Intelligent management of hardware and software dependencies.
- Intelligent management of hardware constraints.
- Round trip management – projects generated by Atmel START can be loaded back into the web interface for re-configuration.
Atmel START is capable of outputting Atmel Studio, IAR, makefile and Keil projects that are specifically tailored to your hardware and are build ready. Atmel START also provides complete example projects for off the shelf Atmel evaluation boards.
Atmel START is an online web based tool, which has the following advantages over wholly offline tools:
- Nothing needs to be downloaded or installed.
- Atmel are able to update the software and components they support immediately, rather than needing to wait for the next ASF release cycle.
- The source files are generated to be specific to your hardware, allowing for less use of the C preprocessor and therefore cleaner code.
The images below highlight some advanced features of Atmel START. The step by step workflow example provides more detail, and demonstrates how the features fit into a fully integrated development process.
- Highlights, and allows you to easily correct, configuration conflicts
- Enables additional drivers and middleware to be added to the project and configured
- Provides easy access to datasheets and sales information
Correcting a configuration error highlighted
in the Dashboard. Click to enlarge.
Adding additional software components to
the Atmel START project. Click to enlarge.
The clock configuration automatically
generated by Atmel START. Click to enlarge.
Using the Atmel START interface to edit
the clock configuration. Click to enlarge.